Wishing an amazing "reopening" and full return of our Clough and Memorial students on Monday! A ton of work has gone into making this happen for our students. Thank you to everyone who has gone above and beyond to make this a fantastic welcome back to full in-person school for our youngest students.
Each of the buildings have worked on their individual updates to school plans, schedules, and protocols. Here is a link to updated district protocols.
Good news regarding our Panorama Surveys! As you know this is our first year with using Panorama and we gave our first SEL survey about a month ago. Our elementary teachers should be able to access their classroom and student data by logging into Panorama. Please log in and check it out so you can see how your students are doing in relation to the SEL core competencies, but most importantly how they are feeling. There are some great PDF reports that you can share with students to highlight their strengths and to touch base on how they are feeling. We our working on our MS surveys to be connected 1:1 to teachers and are hoping to have that by the end of this week. Through our partnership we are expanding our integration between Panorama and Powerschool so there will be seamless updates to info after surveys and quicker access for teachers to view the individual data. Concerned about a student? Please talk to your school counselors who have access to all of the student SEL information.
Build Confidence with Apple Teacher
Apple Teacher Mac series starting Wednesday, April 7th! This free series of seven workshops will run every Wednesday from 3:00 – 4:00 pm ET. Please share with interested colleagues, friends, and teachers! Register at http://s.apple.com/dm3B0d8A8g
We are also running a similar Apple Teacher iPad series starting Tuesday, April 6th at 5:00 pm ET. Register at http://s.apple.com/dE5W8p8d4K
free STEM Forum being held April 12-15 from 4:30-7:30 EST each day. The topics will include:
March Mathness and Student Celebrations
Video Breakout— https://youtu.be/xvwYgoqyhKQ
ST Math Scheduling & Teacher Supports
Video Breakout— https://youtu.be/vnAbuol-KnA
Incorporating ST Math into the Curriculum
Using ST Math Game Mats
Video Breakout— https://youtu.be/D3vPBi0Szt8
1. We look forward to welcoming our elementary students back full-time this Monday. Members of our team will float through the building to check in to ensure everything is running smoothly. If we see you in the flow of teaching or discussion, we will pop our head in and keep going. If you'd like us to make a point of seeing you, please reach out via email or use the booking calendar.
2. Regarding elementary student iPads, we will have guidance for you regarding allowing the students to take them home or keeping them in the building later this week. Right now, please continue as you currently planned. If you are opting to keep the device in the classroom, we would recommend that students turn their device off at the end and any time they are not in use to conserve battery power. You may want to have devices charging on a regular rotation when students are not actively engaged on them.
3. Apple is offering outstanding professional learning series on teaching with Macs and iPads starting on April 6th & 7th. The iPad series will run on Tuesdays from 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM through May 25th. The Mac series will run on Wednesdays from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM. Registration links are embedded in the preceding information.
4. As you are planning the stretch run of lessons and projects, please reach out if I can be of support. I've been currently connecting colleagues & students with experts in different career fields to serve as either a consult on a project or as an evaluator of student work. If you've got a project on the horizon that could be enhanced with technology or external expertise, please reach out as I'd love to co-plan and collaborate with you. Schedule a time at https://david-quinn.youcanbook.me/.
5. Be on the lookout for an MCAS update later in the week.
In her work with us, Dr. Wornum identified the following steps to address issues with cultural proficiency as they arise with students, colleagues or parents.
Steps to Address Issues:
A lot of our work will involve having courageous conversations with one another. The following provides some great responses: